Why Beach Grove Counselling
Let’s say you have been asked something like “Imagine a place where you feel calm.” People often respond with being on a beach, near a lake, by the seaside, along a river. Water and beaches are evocative of calm and peaceful states.
People will also say they are among trees, walking through a forest, strolling through a glade, dell or valley. These places can also surface feelings of serenity and of being connected.
Beach Grove Counselling strives to be this safe place. A place where you can feel connected with another human, a place where you are at the centre, a place of calm.
Beach Grove Counselling is an online counselling service. We work with adults, individuals and couples, who are experiencing anxiety, stress, and depression, grief and loss, work disruption, job loss, career decisions.
You are welcome to explore how we can work with you.
Matthew Asser, MEd, MA, CCC, RP
Principal & Registered Psychotherapist
Beach Grove Counselling
It was a community that was safe, where neighbours met and talked, and houses were often left unlocked. Kids from Beach Grove would ride their bikes in packs up to the high school in a different part of the town. Our house was often populated by wayward adults, the recently separated, the lonely, and others who felt they were at the margins of society. It was also a joyous micro-community, our house was a safe place.
Beach Grove Counselling is reflective of these memories and values.
– Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology (MA)
– Master of Education in Distance Education (MEd)
College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
– Registered Psychotherapist (RP designation)
Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
– Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC designation)
– Emotion-Focused Therapy, Level 1
University of Toronto (OISE)
– Solution-Focused Brief Therapy & Counselling Certificate Program
(Post-Traumatic Growth, Crisis Intervention, Anxiety & Depression, Couple & Family, Single Session Practicum, among other courses)
Windz Institute (Toronto)
– 5-Day Brief & Narrative Therapy Certificate Program
Traumatology Institute Toronto
– Clinical Traumatologist Certificate (TITC-CT)
– Early Intervention Field Traumatologist (TITC-FT)
– Compassion Fatigue Specialist (TITC-CFST)
– Certified Clinical Telemental Health Provider (CTMH)
Institute of Certified Anxiety Treatment Professionals
– Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Professional (CCATP)
– Reclaiming Lives From The Effects of Trauma, 1 day
– Narrative Approach to Single Session & Walk-In Therapy, 3 days
– 2019 Ontario Walk-In Counselling Symposium, 2 days
Solution-Focused Brief Therapy for Single Session Therapy, 2 days
– TeleHealth for Mental Health Professionals, 2-days
– Rewire the Anxious Brain—Using Neuroscience to End Anxiety, Panic, and Worry, 2-days
First Nations Cultural 1-Day Workshop: Niijkiwendidaa Anishnaabekwewag Services Circle, Peterborough
5-Day Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Intensive Training, Sponsored by Kinark
ASIST—Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training: LivingWorks Education Inc., 2 days
Mental Health First Aid: Mental Health Commission of Canada, 2 days